Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Upcoming Events: ASH Flag Day and ASH Volunteers' Anniversary

Dearest readers,

it has been awhile since I did some serious blogging on this blog site (again, Carolyn will not be pleased with this), so I've got to get my act back together and do what's need to be done! But please don't be mistaken. I love to blog, I seriously do. It's just that I'm rarely conscientious enough to do it on a regular basis (it doesn't help that I'm a hopeless procrastinator). Before I proceed to digress any further, I'm charged with 2 important announcements. Firstly, the date for the annual All Saints Home flag day is drawing near. The details for this event are as follow:

Date: 11th July 2009

Reporting Stations:
1) Jurong East MRT Station
2) Woodlands MRT Station
3) Ang Mo Kio MRT Station
4) Saint Andrew Cathedral Church (behind the bus stop on the main road)
5) Kovan Hub
6) Tampines North CC Foyer

Shifts:
1) 0800 to 1300
2) 1130 to 1630
3) 1600 to 1900 (Only for Tampines North CC Foyer volunteers)

If you are interested to raise funds for our beneficiaries at All Saints Home through this flag selling event, please send your particulars to ashvolunteer@yahoo.com.sg. We look forward to your response because All Saints Home needs you!

Now that I'm done with announcing the important stuff, I shall move on to an informal one. All Saints Home Volunteering turns 4 years old this July. I've to admit that I've always hated to celebrate birthdays or anniversaries, but this is different. The 4th anniversary celebrates the priceless camaraderie shared by all the volunteers, who have been regularly visiting all the elderly at ASH. Something which means the world to me.

During this time, we have made close friends with each other. How can anyone forget Carolyn's high pitched laughter, Kee Teck's reticent but reliable demeanor, Jiahao's Mambo-crazed moves, Sook Ying's energy and playfulness, Ah Xing's compulsively meticulous event planning skills, Benny's charm that swept all the aunties at ASH off their feet, Eric's feeble attempts at cantonese, the painfully innocent (and shy) Vietnamese girls, Eunice's powerful vocal chords, Chloe's witty sarcasm and of course, my buckets load of nonsense. If I've missed out anyone, I sincerely apologize. There are simply many names to remember! But please do join us in the celebration, and this time, look me in the eye, and make me remember your name!!! At least that was how I could learn to pronounce and remember the Vietnamese girls' name (if albeit with great difficulty and practice).

The question really is, how could we not celebrate such a joyous occasion, which marks 4 years of meaningful volunteering and friendship? So c'mon, get your act together and join us!

Regards,
WZ

2 comments:

MAC said...

haha, this is damn funny and attractive =))

anitha said...

Weizhong , I will surely look at you straight into your eyes! at least you should mention me as that fatty aunt who is not that regular. hehehe
Anitha